Exams are a meaningful part of your college career. They can be intimidating, especially if you’re taking them remotely, but there are ways you can alleviate some of your test anxieties.
Visit an Exam Prep module in Canvas to learn additional strategies for effective test prep, suggestions on how to organize your notes for studying, and strategies to manage test anxiety.
Exam Success Checklists
- Plan ahead. At the beginning of the semester, add your exams to your calendar.
- Review your notes early and often — daily, if possible.
- Study in blocks of time rather than cramming in one day. Studying just 20 to 30 minutes a day can make a difference.
- Ask your instructor questions.
- If you are learning remotely, decide ahead of time when and where you want to take an exam so that you can give it your full attention.
During the Exam:
- Write down any facts you need to remember.
- Read the instructions carefully.
- Look over all the questions at the beginning of your exam, if possible.
- Answer the questions you know first.
- Save your work often.
- Be aware of the time. Try to allot time at the end of your exam to check your work.