At this point, classes will be scheduled using the University’s standard (non-COVID) modes of instruction. Visit the Instructional Modes page to learn more about the fall 2021 plans and find related frequently asked questions.
This instructional mode offers a mix of in-person and remote instruction. Each instructor will deploy their mixed-mode course in a way that works best considering the desired learning objectives. Some possibilities include:
Place: Room is assigned AND remote element provided (Zoom or other).
Time: Days and times are assigned.
In LionPATH (Class Detail view)
Days & Times: Mo 6:00PM-9:00PM, for example (dates and times are assigned). In LionPATH, a mixed mode course may have both a date and time and TBA listed, or the course may only have the date and time listed (without TBA).
Room: Patterson Bldg 304, for example (a room is assigned) — this example is for UP campus. In LionPATH, a mixed mode course may have both an assigned room and ZOOM listed or just the assigned room.
Instructional mode: COVID Mixed Mode
What to Expect
- high degree of flexibility
- opportunity for in-person experiential elements and skills-based learning
- reduced in-person learning community to support physical distancing
- minimal impact transitioning to remote delivery if pandemic worsens
- required masking, physical distancing, and contact tracing
- technology supporting engagement between in-person and remote students