Do I need to notify the University if I plan to learn at home?

No. You will need to register for courses offered online at the University, but you do not need to notify anyone that you are doing online only courses. You should work with your academic adviser to make sure you register for courses that allow you to make progress toward your degree. If you have an on-campus Housing and Food Service (HFS) contract and plan to live at home, please contact the Commonwealth Campus Housing and Food Service Office (814-865-7862) or the University Park Housing Assignment Office (814-865-7501) to discuss the process.