I feel overwhelmed, stressed, and/or anxious consistently and have noticed it’s starting to affect my functioning. What are my options?

If you are finding it difficult to cope or are feeling overwhelmed, we encourage you to reach out to your campus resources:

  • University Park students can call Counseling and Psychological Services at 814-863-0395 to make an appointment and speak with a clinician. CAPS is currently offering clinical consultations and short-term tele-mental health therapy.
  • Students at other Penn State campuses should contact their campus counseling staff.
  • Penn State World Campus students should contact their Mental Health Case Manager.

If you are experiencing high distress or are in crisis and are located in the United States, please call the Penn State Crisis Line at 1-877-229-6400 or call 911. You may also receive immediate support from the Crisis Text Line by texting ‘LIONS’ to 741741. Contact local emergency services if you are outside the United States.

If you are located in Pennsylvania, you can also access the COVID-19 Support & Referral Helpline.